Creamy Vegan Penne minus the Vodka
I am so excited to share this recipe with you!!! Ever since going plant-based I thought I had to say good-bye to creamy pasta dishes (which were my absolute FAVORITE!) But friends, NO we do not have to say goodbye to the "cheezy" goodness!
If you've made any of my recipes, first of all THANK YOU second of all, I'm the home cook that doesn't measure, unless its a baking recipe (and you will HARDLY find those here, sorry my friends, I'm kinda scared of baking!) I taste as I go and i strongly you do as well, also theres one ingredient that I add into all my recipes that you're going to have to master quite quickly and its called LOVE!!!!
Throw that LOVE in there guys, you can NEVER have too much or too little, also if you're not "feeling it" when you're cooking, step away and order in, food doesn't taste good when the LOVE is missing from it; just my personal opinion.
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 small onion (minced)
- tomato paste (3 TBSP)
- coconut milk (1/2 can)
- almond milk (1/2 cup)
- nutritional yeast (2 TBSP)
- soy sauce (tamari for gluten free) 1-2 TBSP
- water (2 cups of pasta water)
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) 2-3 TBSP
- dried or fresh parsley
- your favourite dry pasta (I used penne in this recipe, you could definitely use a linguini or a spaghetti).
- start boiling water for your pasta
- add EVOO to a pan (medium heat) start cooking garlic and onions, when transculent add tomato paste and soy sauce; if you notice sauce pan getting too hot, turn down heat.
- then add the coconut milk, add the nutritional yeast, almond milk; work that down to a nice simmer. (start tasting your sauce here at this point, the nutritional
- add your pasta to the boiling pot of water
- grab some pasta water from the pot, set aside.
- drain pasta, pour into pan with creamy goodness, this is where you will add the pasta water as you see fit, you might need the full 2 cups or 1 cup.
- sprinkle some parsley on top and enjoy this CREAMY,FULL OF FLAVOUR VEGAN goodness!